Somehow 2018 managed to be a year of big changes for me, while also feeling normal and secure and totally solid. As someone who thrives while making improvements to my life, but also needs to feel safe, it was a nice balance and it’s what I’m hoping to do in 2019 again.
I’ll dive into the details in future posts, so for now I’m just going to drop in some big picture goals I have for this year as a way to kick things off (and hold myself accountable):
- Finish writing and edits on my first fiction project (novel) for the year by the end of March. (Drafting now!)
- Remodel the hallway bathroom in the first half of the year.
- Start swimming for exercise (as soon as my doctor clears it after my current back treatments).
- Expand my client list and places I’m published throughout the year.
- Finish organizing the last few spaces in my house that need it.
- Keep challenging myself to bake new things all year. I mastered pie crust, and buttermilk biscuits, and so much more last year. Time to tackle the next round of things I’ve avoided baking!
- Write more fiction after finishing the first project.
- Go on three vacations: annual BFF trip, visit family in The Netherlands, and a big one to celebrate ten years of marriage.
- Build the vegetable garden we’ve planned and start growing food.
Also? Get back to blogging. I once blogged every single day for over a year, and while I’m not going to do that again, I’m going to aim for publishing 50 posts this year. I hope you’ll swing by to follow along with the details as I accomplish my plans for 2019.
More cakes and other things soon.