Cranberry Sauce from a can is a travesty (A TRAVESTY!) and doesn’t deserve a spot on your holiday table. The only way to go is with fresh cranberries and about 15 minutes of hands-on prep time. It’ll look beautiful and be a great companion to your turkey. (I love it with cornbread dressing!) I never realized I liked cranberry sauce until I tried this one. The canned stuff just really doesn’t do cranberries justice.
Simple Cranberry Sauce
- 1 bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sugar
- Combine orange juice & sugar in a pot over medium-low heat.
- Dissolve the sugar in the juice, stirring occasionally.
- Add cranberries and stir.
- Heat cranberries until at least half pop & the sauce thickens. (10-15 minutes)
- Remove from heat & pour in a dish to cool.
- Let it cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
That’s it! Super simple and you can dress it up with other things (like orange zest!) if you want to be a bit fancy. It’s best to make it the day before and pull it out a while before serving to take the chill off.