In an effort to keep myself honest about progress around the house, I’m sharing an updated to do list for the entire front of the house (minus the kitchen). I originally shared the list last November here, when I first made it. I’ve since added to it and recently have crossed several things off.
Seeing this progress happen (the living and dining rooms are soooooo close to being totally done!) while also working our way through a full master bath remodel feels great. Even when the bathroom is stressing me out, at least I can look around other parts of the house and feel good about the work. We’re making great progress and I love my house more and more.
So! Here’s the list…
- Finish up & paint built-in bookcases white. (Finished, now paint!)
- Install & paint trim around small doorway. (Installed!)
- Install & paint baseboards. (Installed!)
Add new rug + rug pad. Move coffee table & TV stand into living room. Set up TV stuff & surrounded sound.
- Put books & things on bookcases. (When the paint dries!)
- Decorate the fireplace/mantel. (Halfway done.)
- Setup fireplace stuff, including tools (check!) & log storage.
- Add trim around large doorway & paint. (Installed!)
Plan/shop for/hang wall art.
- Install curtain rod & curtains at sliding door.(After paint is done.)
- Paint trim around sliding door. (This week!)
- Shop for/build console table for behind couch.
- Paint end table.
- Shop for chair for near sliding door/fireplace corner.
- Replace tile & baseboards. (Probably June.)
Replace trim around doorways. Convert old door into Living Room into open doorway.
- Paint & install new coat closet door/hardware. (Friday!)
- Have painters repair/texture/paint. (Probably in June.)
- Clean out & organize closet. (Soon! I swear.)
- Replace overhead light. (After paint.)
- Hang mirror or artwork.
- Update light switches. (After paint.)
Move out the temporary living room setup, so it can be a dining room. Add dining table. Order dining chairs.
- Create coffee bar. (In progress!)
- Install shiplap to wall behind coffee bar. (Friday!)
Hire electrician to move overhead light & add outlets.
- Install curtain rods & hang two layers of new curtains. (Hemming!)
Move sideboard into room & setup.
- Plan/shop for/hang art. (In progress!)
Update switches & outlets.
- Have painters repair/texture/paint. (Probably June.)
- Paint new linen closet cabinet doors & add knobs.
- Replace all doors, including hinges & knobs. (In progress!)
- Hang gallery wall of photos. (After paint.)
Replace overhead light.
- Replace doorbell.
- Update light switches.
We’re working on getting lots of these things crossed off so we can start on the kitchen later this year. It’ll require its own giant list though. 😉