I’m kicking off 2017 sharing a few things I’m going to do this year. The list will most certainly grow and become much longer over the next twelve months, but these are the things I’m starting it with:
- Remodel my kitchen. We’re planning it right now and are going to start ordering things soon. We’ll probably start the actual work around late-April.
- See Hamilton in NYC. I’ve already got the tickets, the flights, and a hotel booked, so now I’m just waiting for when it’s time to go. 😀
- Edit my NaNoWriMo novel. I wrote it, so now I’ve got to edit it and finish it up. It’s by far the longest piece I’ve ever finished, so I’ll be sure to share the tips that finally helped me get past what had been stopping me before and make it all the way to the end. Looking forward to polishing it up and maybe letting someone read it.
- Read more non-fiction. I like to take notes when I read non-fiction so it takes more energy than my very lounge-y fiction-reading style. I have several I want to read though, so I’ll make the time (and blog the results).
- Try paddleboarding. The standup kind. We live near a lake in Dallas and saw people paddleboarding late last summer as we drove by and decided we’ll try it this summer. Who knows if it’ll be a one-time thing or a new summer hobby.