I flew home from Amsterdam today, after spending the past 2.5 weeks in The Netherlands (mostly), plus a night in Ghent, Belgium, and a few days in Rome, Italy. My husband is from The Netherlands (and I lived there 2008-2010), so we visited his family and some friends while we were there and ate some foods we miss when we’re home in Texas. In the middle of our visit, we flew to Rome (just the two of us) and spent four days exploring the city and staying in a total splurge of a hotel (that was worth every penny). I’ll share photos, stories, and recommendations soon!
The flight home, direct to Dallas, takes 10 hours, and was during daytime hours so I did a bunch of things to keep myself entertained:
- Finished reading the last 1/3 of Panic by Lauren Oliver.
- Read/highlighted/annotated the first four chapters of Dangerous Books For Girls: The Bad Reputation of Romance Novels Explained by Maya Rodale.
- Watched Pixar’s Inside Out (loved Disgust!) and New Girl (Winston is so awkward/cute!) on the in-flight entertainment system.
- Ate airplane meals twice, plus some ice cream & a (Dutch) Kit Kat in between.
- Spent 1.5 hours on my mayoral duties in my Animal Crossing: New Leaf town on Nintendo 3DS.
- Looked at the pretty interiors images in the September issue of Dutch home magazine, vtwonen.
- Kept my Bose QuietComfort 25 headphones on basically constantly to block out loud plane noise and an irritated toddler. They’re magical.
It was a great trip, but I’m happy to be hooooooooome! More soon.